Does your family know what to do in case of a flood, fire, storm or other disaster to your home or community? Sadly, many families do not. Many people also don’t realize that when an emergency occurs, you most likely will not all be together. This is why creating a plan for your family is very important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
Paul Davis is here to make it easy for you to create a family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a designed to allow you to enter specific information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. The process is simple. Download the PD Emergency Plan PDF file and save to your computer. Complete the blank sections in the document with information pertaining to your family.. Save it, print a copy for each family member and email copies to relatives and friends.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
It is important for families to have a supply of food, water and other necessary items in case of emergencies. The staff at Paul Davis highly recommends putting together an “Emergency Ready Kit” and leaving it in an easily accessible place. It is recommended that your kit contain at least the following items:
- Water – one gallon per person, per day for a minimum of 3 days
- Food – minimum 3-day supply of non-perishable food items
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, additional batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and additional batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Be sure to know about the disaster plans for your community, employer, school, etc. Know where the closest designated emergency shelter is and make sure all of your family members know how to get there on their own. Rehearse and review your plan with your family at least twice a year.
Having a plan in place will help you and your family be better prepared in dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. We at Paul Davis want you to take all the precautions necessary to ensure the safety or our friends and neighbors. Please download and fill out a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by fire, water, storm, mold or other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form